Attention all UC Berkeley Students:
Every student experiences “Berkeley” in their own unique way, whether it’s building friendships for life, excelling in the classroom, creating your own career path, or making change in the world. Show us what “WE ARE BERKELEY” means to you!
Share your best creative entries for a chance to win prizes and be featured at the 2013 STAY DAY Conference at UC Berkeley. STAY DAY is a one-day conference for UC Berkeley staff that work directly in student services to learn and engage with each other around issues pertaining to supporting students. This is a chance for YOU to show student services staff what Berkeley means to you!
Submissions must include:
1) One single high resolution digital photo (minimum 1200 x 1600 pixels) that best shows “WE ARE BERKELEY” for you.
2) A brief typed 1-2 sentence/phrase (no more than 30 words) describing how this photo displays “WE ARE BERKELEY” to you. This could be in the form of a caption, written sentences, creative word, etc.
Eligibility: Any currently enrolled UC Berkeley undergraduate or graduate student.
How to Enter:
*The photo and explanation should be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com no later thanFriday, May 10, 2013 by NOON. You will receive an e-mail confirmation acknowledging receipt of your entry.
*Your e-mail must be sent from your official UC Berkeley e-mail address.
*Your e-mail should include:
1) Your full name
2) Your major and year at UC Berkeley
3) A contact phone number
Prizes (Cal Student Store): 1st Place: $100 2nd Place: $50 3rd Place: $25
Criteria & Evaluation of Entries:
All entries will be reviewed by the Selection Committee comprised of UC Berkeley staff and students.Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
* Accuracy – following submission/entry instructions
* Content & Theme – How clearly the entry demonstrates “student success at UC Berkeley”
* Creativity – How creative and unique the entry is
All content in the entries should be appropriate and not violate any university or campus policies at UC Berkeley:
Principles of Community: http://www.berkeley.edu/about/principles.shtml
Campus Code of Conduct: http://sa.berkeley.edu/code-of-conduct
All submissions become the property of The Regents of the University of California and the STAY DAY Committee. Your submission is acknowledgment that STAY DAY may use your materials for display and promotional use. Only your name, major, and year at UC Berkeley will be attached to the display. Your e-mail and phone number will be maintained by the committee for contacting purposes only.
Find us on Facebook: “WE ARE BERKELEY” PHOTO CONTEST