Dear ASUC Agents –
We at LEAD Center hope the last official weeks of the Spring 2013 semester treat you well. Please know that the LEAD Center remains open year round and reimbursements are still available during summer.
Our preferred deadline to submit transactions for ASUC student group accounts, either ASUC Programs or Miscellaneous, is Monday, MAY 27, 2013 so all 12/13 transactions may be finalized by June 30, 2013. [Check in with your LEAD Center coordinator for summer account activity circumstances]
WARNING: Many, many transactions are being submitted these last weeks and our office is doing its best to process your requests as quickly as possible but please expect that transactions MAY take two weeks instead of one. If there are any specific deadlines for a particular transaction please bring it to your LEAD Center Coordinator’s attention by handwriting a note on the Callink coversheet and handing to our LEAD Center front desk staff instead of dropping in the basket. We will continue to do our best to adhere to our goal turnaround time but the volume and complexity at the end of the academic year is great.
On that note, as the semester is wrapping up PLEASE doublecheck with your members about whether they might prefer to have reimbursements mailed to their “summer” or “permament” addresses as finals take priority over remembering to pick up a reimbursement from the LEAD Center. We are happy to mail reimbursements if the address is reliable…but that is definitely not the case for most Berkeley apartments/dorms/coops/fraternities…therefore it is still preferable to hold transactions for pickup if a student will be around to pick up in person…just doublecheck with them before creating the CalLink form.
ALSO: PLEASE TAKE AN EXTRA MOMENT TO REVIEW DOCUMENTATION before you drop off transactions to make sure you have…
1. Original itemized receipts that indicate PROOF OF PAYMENT. If there is any ambiguity about whether the person getting reimbursed consummated payment for the purchase then be pro-active about getting a bank stmt, credit card stmt or a better receipt from them before submitting the request. Also, provide their phone number on the CalLink request so we can follow up with them if necessary.
2. Pleeeeeeeaase provide your phone number and email address in the fields provided so we may readily follow up with any questions.
3. If spending is debiting ASUC Funding for photocopies/printing please provide a sample of what was printed either by attaching a sample to the request or by uploading a sample to your group’s Callink Documents/Publicity Samples folder. Note somewhere on the request for LEAD Center to look for that if it is uploaded.
4. DOUBLECHECK that the payee will be responsible for picking up their reimbursement from LEAD Center or give them the option to have it mailed to a summer address … and then choose the appropriate option on the CalLink transaction.
5. REMIND your members to pick up their money from LEAD Center. We have a LOT of waiting checks and petty cash reimbursements. We are open Monday through Friday 9am-6pm. If a student is leaving campus and can’t pick up their transaction, they can email firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions for mailing but they must reference the Callink Request # and confirm the mailing address in the email.
Happy Friday, thank you for all your hard work and diligence, and Go Bears!