is offering an opportunity to apply early to the 2014 corps!
WHY? Applying early affords students the opportunity to begin the process of preparing for their own classrooms during the course of their senior year. This may include taking education classes, tutoring/mentoring in low-income schools, taking teacher credential exams, and observing classrooms. Additionally, each year we hear from students who are interested in TFA but unable to apply because of our admissions timeline.
Reasons why you might want to apply early:
- You would like to set your senior schedule based on your acceptance to TFA
- You plan to make a final decision on your post-graduate plans before November 2013
- You will be abroad during your senior year
- You have an internship that is likely to offer you a full-time position and you would like to consider that position and TFA on the same timeline
HOW? You will go through the admissions process with other 2014 early admission applicants on your campus. The timeline is as follows:
- Online application due: Friday, March 22, 2013 by 11:59PM PST
- If invited, Complete online activity: March 28-April 8
- If invited, Phone interview: April 14-16
- If invited, Final interviews: May 2-3
- Final admissions notification: May 10
- Accept or decline your offer: November 2013
WHO? This opportunity is open to students graduating between July 2013 and May 2014. Corps members are selected based on leadership potential and other criteria. You should apply when you believe your application will be strongest. Learn more about the junior application process here!
- Visit, LIKE, and ask your questions on our Facebook page at “Teach For America at CAL”
- Future 2013 corps member Jess Rossoni explains her motivations for applying early to Teach For America at http://tfacal.tumblr.com/
- To learn more, sign up at www.tinyurl.com/tfaatcallearnmore for campus events and updates or contact UC Berkeley’s Campus Representative Raquel Lucente at email@example.com
This communication and any file transmitted with it may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender. Thank you for your cooperation.