Tomorrow the student group classroom reservations system will open for spring requests at approximately 8:00am PST. The reservations process is rolled out in two phases. When the system opens tomorrow, you will be able to submit requests for weekday evenings from Jan. 16th through Feb. 8th, and weekend dates from Jan. 19th through May 5th. Please see the manual in the Resources section of our bSpace for more details on the two phases of the process and special dates through the semester on which we do not make reservations.
Here are some tips to maximize your chances of having your requests filled successfully:
1. Plan ahead. Remember that you are limited to 30 weekday reservations per semester, and no more than two large rooms at any one time.
2. If you are planning an event that will require a large room, please see the PDF in the Resources section of our bSpace that lists dates on which the most popular large rooms are already taken. Remember that academic and administrative departments can submit requests up to a year in advance, so large rooms are already taken on a number of dates.
3. Be flexible! Assume that you will not be able to get your first choice in day/time/size. Our manual explains in detail how you can tell us in your request what to do if the criteria you enter into the form yields no results when we do a search, and how we can modify your request.
Also, please remember to delete any duplicate requests tomorrow morning, or we will have to put your request on hold while we contact you to clarify the situation.
If you have not joined our bSpace, we strongly suggest that you do. Our bSpace is the vehicle we use to communicate with signatories (note that this is not the site you use to submit requests).
1. Log into bSpace at https://bspace.berkeley.edu/ using CalNet ID and password.
2. Click on “Membership” item on the left hand menu.
3. Click the “Joinable Sites” link.
4. Enter “student group classroom reservations” into the Search field and press “Search.”
5. The Student Group Classroom Reservations site will come up in the results. Click on the “Join” link below its name.
We will hold a training session for new signatories, or signatories who were not able to attend the last session, on Wednesday, Jan. 16th, from 11:45am-12:45pm in 127 Sproul. Please RSVP if you plan to attend, as space is limited.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Event Scheduler, Classroom Scheduling
University of California, Berkeley
123 Sproul Hall
Berkeley, CA 94720-5404