As a member, you will be involved in assessing students’ technology needs, providing input to student technology services providers, and managing a proposal process for technology projects that benefit students.
We are looking for registered students with:
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including ability to independently research; review and assess a range of variables to define key issues; evaluate reasonable alternatives, and make logical recommendations and decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including demonstrated ability to articulate ideas and issues clearly, concisely, and persuasively using proper grammar, vocabulary, and punctuation.
- Graphics’ skills, e.g., to produce posters.
- Active listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a small group.
- Enthusiasm for and interest in shaping information technology on campus for current and future students.
- A technical background is not required. Students from all majors are (aside from IEOR and CS) are encouraged to apply.
- The term of work is September 2012 to May 2013. Most of the work is during the academic year with a possibility of work during the summer.
- Hours: Five to eight hours a week, including a required group meeting at Earl Warren Hall (at the intersection of Hearst and Oxford, across from the northwest corner of campus) on Monday evenings during the school year from 5:00-7:00pm.
- For the 2012-2013 school year, STC members will be compensated at $15/hour up to a maximum of five to eight hours a week. Work-study students are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- First, please read our STC website, http://stc.berkeley.edu, thoroughly, including the bylaws, which are found on the Governance page.
- Then respond to each of the application questions on the membership page and email your responses firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight Wednesday, September 8, 2012.
- Resumes are preferred in addition to responses to the application questions, but are not required. Relevant samples of your work, such as flyers or posters you have designed, are welcome, but also are not required.
If you have any questions about accessibility or anything else, please email us at email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you!