In the new center we plan on having a kiosk where students can orient themselves and check-in to be seen by a counselor or advisor. In addition it would tell you if you actually need to see one. So if you just need to drop off a form, it tells you to go to a drop box, or if you need to print a transcript it directs you to a self service computer and the transcript printer.
Sarah Christensen from Financial Aid
Russell Lowe from Registrar
What we want in a kiosk?
- Ticketing system
- card reader scanner
- bar code reader for financial aid
- Something that has good customer service and won’t break down
- Sleek look, minimal style
- Something that will link to digital signage
- queuing system
- Something that will interface with bearfacts database
- architecture of the software must be simple and easy to understand