I am writing to ask for your help in identifying an ideal candidate for an exciting opportunity as the Social Media Editor for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Please share this job announcement with your staff and colleagues who you know would be great candidates.
Please feel free to have interested applicants contact our recruiter directly should they have questions or wish to know more about this wonderful opportunity! Our recruiter’s direct line is listed in the announcement below. Thank you.
Position Opening: Social Media Editor (Media Communications Specialist 1)
UC Berkeley – Main Campus
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions must provide a fair opportunity for every applicant to obtain admission to the University, operate in a professional manner that ensures positive staff morale and values hard work and dedication, communicate and collaborate effectively, present a coordinated effort to standardize procedures and document best practices, offer a variety of methods for professional development, and provide first-class customer service in a cost-effective and transparent manner.
This is a six month contract position with the possibility of a one year extension.
• Under the guidance of the Electronic Communications Specialist 3, learns to develop and execute social media strategy for news, information, events, deadlines, and other key information to promote UC Berkeley to a variety of populations. Builds audience base for content delivered via social media. Utilizes tools/metrics to gauge effectiveness of efforts and adjusts accordingly. Creates basic reports and analysis of social media efforts to determine outcomes and effectiveness.
• Under the guidance of the supervisor, carries out special projects, either short-or long-term, focusing on digital and social media efforts for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions (OUA). Assists others in OUA with projects, publication editing and design, presentation development, and other assignments as needed. Posts Twitter messages; answers questions and posts messages on prospective student interactive websites; coordinates central Facebook site for OUA and other social media outlets. Builds followings and helps to amplify UC Berkeley OUA messages, news, events, and announcements via social media.
• Supports department and/or campus in general assignments such as event support, application review, project management, publication design and creation, and media relations as assigned.
• Participates in reader training and other OUA training to gain an understanding of the processes occurring within OUA to better facilitate effective social media communication.
• Drafts simple news releases, routine statements, newsletters and brief articles.
• Working knowledge of concepts and principles of news, media communications and media relations.
• Working knowledge of the campus, its achievements, mission, vision, goals, objectives, programs and infrastructure.
• Basic written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills and political acumen.
• Basic organizational skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Human Resources Services
University of California, Berkeley
Student Life/A&E Business Operations
2515 Channing Way, MC 5150
510.643.5001 main line