We are writing on behalf of California’s coalition of Southeast Asian students. This coalition is working collaboratively with student leaders from different colleges and universities to plan a Southeast Asian Intercollegiate Summit (SEA ICS).
On behalf of our community, I would like to invite you, your organization, and your community to the Southeast Asian Intercollegiate Summit 2012, “Rising from the Concrete”.
- WHAT: A gathering of college students and/or young professionals who are community leaders and activists organizing on behalf of advancing Southeast Asian communities in the United States.
- WHO: College students and/or young professionals from:
- Various regions of California (but also open to out-of-state participants)
- Various educational institutions: community colleges, state colleges, state universities, private schools, etc.
- Various ethnic communities: Khmer, Hmong, Lao, Mien, Vietnamese, etc.
- WHEN: Friday, 13 January 2012 to Sunday, 15 January 2012
- WHERE: UC San Diego campus
Please register by 25 November 2011. Click here to register.
Some goals we’d like to accomplish are:
- Provide a space to share and update knowledge about Southeast Asians on college campuses and in our respective regions
- Develop a network of college students and organizers in the community
- Discuss issues and “problems” in our community
- Work together on an action plan to tackle some of these issues
For more information, questions, or opportunities to help/contribute, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Southeast Asian Intercollegiate Summit 2012 Planning Committee