I’ll try to explain the grants process below. There are five different grants: Academic Opportunity Fund, Intellectual Community Fund, Multicultural Fund, Educational Enhancement Fund, and the Public Service Fund.
Academic Opportunity Fund (ASUC AAVP Grant): The Academic Opportunity Fund subsidizes off-campus academic pursuits – professional meetings, research conferences, academic competitions, and independent research. https://callink.berkeley.edu/organizations
Intellectual Community Fund (ASUC AAVP Grant): The Intellectual Community Fund provides monetary support to educational, activist, and awareness events planned by and for Cal students. https://callink.berkeley.edu/organizations
Educational Enhancement Fund (ASUC AAVP Grant): The Educational Enhancement Fund provides monetary support to DeCal courses and independent student-initiated courses at UC Berkeley. https://callink.berkeley.edu/organizations
Public Service Fund (ASUC AAVP Grant): The Public Service Fund strives to develop a sense of community awareness and enrich students’ community service experiences. https://callink.berkeley.edu/organizations
Multicultural Fund (ASUC AAVP Grant): The Multicultural Fund provides monetary support to events introducing the campus to a culture. https://callink.berkeley.edu/organizations
All of the grants are essentially run the same. The only difference is that you would apply to a specific one depending upon the idea behind your event. So ask yourself what your event is promoting!
So here is how you apply:
- Go to Go to https://callink.berkeley.edu/organization/aavpgrants
- Click on the specific grant’s application link
- Click on forms
- Fill out the form with information about your event (be detailed)
- Submit the application
- SIgn up for an interview time online at the Callink page for the grant you are applying to.
- Go to your interview
- Your request will be reviewed by the committee made up of two senators, a faculty advisor, the director, a couple interns, and a representative form the AAVP’s office.
- You will be notified by email, this is called AWARDS NOTIFICATION and you will also receive an invitation to join the Callink organization’s roster
- Print the awards notification
- Hold your event and buy stuff for your event and keep the receipt
- Accept the invitation you will receive to join the Callink/Grant’s Roster
- Complete a Callink Purchase Request, print out a cover sheet, attach original receipts and drop of at 2nd floor Eshleman
- Get your check 5-10 days after submitting receipts to Grants for final processing